Get involved in the MU International Festival! Here’s how!

1) Have a table to  represent your country!

2) Participate in the Fashion Show

3) Volunteer to help at the festival







The Marshall University 50th Annual International Festival wants YOU!!

Are you an international student looking to represent your country? Sign up for a table! Email Cindy Krantz for details on how to participate!

Not an international student but want to join in on the fun? Volunteer! Email Cindy Krantz to sign up!




Now is the time to check your I-20 (F-1 status) or DS-2019 (J-1) to see when your document expires.  Look to see what the program end date is because that is when your document expires.

If you are planning to graduate in May and will be leaving the US, then there is nothing more you need to do.  Good luck in your future endeavors!  If you are interested in applying for work authorization such as OPT (F-1) or Academic Training (J-1), please make an appointment to speak with an advisor right away.

If you are planning to stay at Marshall — either because you haven’t graduated yet or because you will be starting a new degree program — you may have to come to the Center for International Programs (CIP), room 320 in Old Main, to speak with an advisor.

If you are continuing in the same degree program in the fall and your I-20/DS-2019 is going to expire, please stop by CIP and pick up a Program Extension Form.  You must fill out the top part of the form and then take it to your academic advisor to fill out the bottom part.  It is very important that you do this BEFORE your current I-20/DS-2019 expires.  We CANNOT extend your current I-20/DS-2019 after it expires.

If you will be starting a new degree program in the summer or in the fall, please schedule an appointment with an advisor to discuss the process of getting a new I-20 for your new program.  You will have to show that you have been admitted into a new degree program at Marshall (admission letter) and that you have enough money to pay for your studies (financial information).  Also, keep in mind that CIP cannot issue an I-20 for your new program until after you complete your current program.

Remember: CIP CANNOT extend your I-20/DS-2019 once it expires.  You will then be out of status and will not have authorization to stay in the US.  If that happens, you will either have to leave the US or apply for Reinstatement, which is an expensive application.  We do not want this to happen to you!

If you will be studying at another university in the fall, please make an appointment with an advisor to discuss transferring your SEVIS record out to your new school.  You will have to show us a copy of your admission letter to your new school and you will have to tell us the date you want us to transfer your SEVIS record.

If you have questions about your documents, please make an appointment to speak with an advisor and we’ll be happy to help you.

Guitar Quartet




Come hear a guitar quartet this Friday, April 26 at 12:15 in the Lounge (Old Main 321). Music by Georges Bizet, Giorgio Tortora, and 3 Brazilian Choros with saxophone teacher, Dr. Ed Bingham. Brought to you by the CIP and MU Music Department.




Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.